Terms & Conditions
Last updated 19/02/2019
Bath Share & Repair
Borrower’s Terms and Conditions Policy
1. Members must be age 18 or over to borrow items from Bath Share & Repair’s Library of things.
2.Prior to borrowing items, all Members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Waiver and Indemnification Form; and (c) have their residence confirmed by a Bath Share & Repair volunteer or member of staff. Completing a Membership Application includes the completion of the Membership Application form and verification of the Member’s identity.
3. By taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner and will use relevant safety equipment.
4.Only the Member is authorized to use Bath Share & Repair items. The Member shall not permit the use of items checked out to him or her by any other person unless by the express permission of Bath Share & Repair staff.
5. Members will be charged a nominal fee for borrowing an item.
6.Please try and return items borrowed to Bath Share & Repair as soon as possible on the return date to enable others to borrow on that day.
7.Members may renew each item if (a) the Member contacts Bath Share & Repair on the day of the Return Date, and (b) no other Member has reserved the item. Bath Share & Repair staff reserve the right to refuse or limit renewals.
8.Bath Share & Repair will only be liable to you for loss or damage caused by our negligence in failing to tell you about a known fault. We will not be liable for faults of which we are not aware. Bath Share & Repair will only be responsible for damage in respect of breach of contract it at all in the same circumstances and to the same extent as set out in this clause 8. Because we are not a business, the risk to you is greater than if you were paying to hire something or buy it.
9.The Member agrees that Bath Share & Repair is not responsible for any manufacturing defects in quality of workmanship or materials inherent in any borrowed items. Each time you take an item out, you must check it visually before you take it, and make other checks for any faults that you may be able to identify before using it. The Member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, he or she must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify Bath Share & Repair .
10. If you are borrowing electrical equipment, you must check the visible wires and plug for any damage before use. If you are using the item outside, moving it about, or using it in circumstances where it may encounter water, anything sharp or other electrical wiring, you must use a circuit breaker.
11. All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, barring normal wear and tear. All items must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the Share Shed’s assessment of condition of items and to further agree to the Share Shed’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. Bath Share & Repair reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
12. If you borrow an item and with our agreement pass it on to another Borrower before it is returned to us and booked in, you remain liable to us for the return and condition of the object until it is returned to us. If you collect an item from another Borrower with our agreement that will also be on these terms and conditions.
13. If an item is returned late, charges will apply for each day until the item is returned. Late charges are equal to the hire charges.
Please check the box and add your signature to the space provided on the Membership Application Form, acknowledging that you have read and agree to Bath Share & Repair Borrower’s Terms and Conditions Policy.